Exploitation of Immigrants for not speaking English
Report claims immigrant without English face exploitation
(all copyrights respected)
A report by the Irish Vocational Education Association claims that immigrants who do not speak English face exploitation.
Unions and IVEA support English language classes for immigrants.
- Offering free English classes would help immigrants to integrate into society.
- Free classes paid by the authorities might even prove positive. The immigrants might feel that the authorities actually care.
- Language skills will certainly help immigrates take up more main stream jobs.
- language is probably not the main reason why immigrants get exploited, but lack of knowledge about local customs and general awareness of western employment culture.
- Does the government have a moral duty to help immigrants?
How much does a western economy save by exploiting unsuspecting immigrants?